The Central West Leadership Academy is Dubbo's new, future-focused school - now enrolling Years 3-6 for 2018.
Our school creates an individualised learning plan for each gifted and talented student leader that maps their progress against the K-10 Literacy and Numeracy Continuums.
Students at the Central West Leadership Academy will drive their own learning by setting academic, leadership and social goals each term. Parents and students can monitor their progress and be a part of the decision making surrounding each child’s achievement and enrichment.
Priority entry pathways for:
- Academically gifted
- Demonstrated artistic giftedness
- Demonstrated community engagement and leadership
- Sporting giftedness
- Technology skills
A 21st Century Skills school
A CALL TO RETHINK EDUCATION
The Central West Leadership Academy will serve as a 21st Century Learning hub for the central west.
Our school focuses on:
- Technology, coding and communicating in the digital world
- Local, national and global mindedness
- Community based engagement, Service learning, and leadership at all age levels
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Communication and Collaboration
- Social and Emotional Skills
- International Baccalaureate for Stage 6
We allow students to drive their learning through using student centred pedagogies such as:
- Visible Thinking
- Challenge Based Learning
- Guided Inquiry