Enrolments are currently open for years 3-6 in 2018 and 2019.
We are also accepting expressions of interest for our first Year 7 class in 2019.
Enrolment Application Form
The first step to enrolment is to fill in a school Enrolment Application Form (233kb PDF).
Along with the form, we request that you provide the following support documentation:
- A letter written by the student introducing themselves, their interests, skills, areas of passion and their strengths and areas of improvement as a learner. This letter should be handwritten and not edited by an adult
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate
- Most recent school reports
- Evidence of the student’s demonstrated leadership in an area of specialisation
- Documentation relating to any medical requirements, learning difficulties, accelerated learning or special needs
Payment of a $35 non-refundable application fee is required for all submissions. This fee can be paid by:
Cheque (made out to Dubbo Leadership Academy)
EFT - include your Family Name as your reference (Account: Dubbo Leadership Academy | BSB: 062 534 | Acc. No: 1063 4546)
- Paypal (click the "Pay Now" button) - include your Family Name as your reference
Demonstrated leadership in an area of specialisation
The Academy is a selective school for students with demonstrated ability in an area (or areas) of specialisation. Whilst most selective programs focus on academic testing for establishing giftedness, this is not the only yardstick for high potential learners.
The Academy offers entry via the following areas - alongside each are examples of evidence you could provide to support your application:
- Academic - IQ testing, NAPLAN / ICAS results indicating performance in the top 10% of age group, paperwork from current school documenting high academic success in one or more areas, handwritten writing samples
- Artistic - selection and participation in regional or statewide music (e.g. Regional Youth Orchestra), recommendation from Dance, Art or Music institution stating their giftedness for their age or capacities (e.g. Director of the Macquarie Conservatorium or Director of Stepping Out Dance Factory), regional art prize
- Community / Leadership - demonstrated commitment to community service / volunteerism or leadership (e.g. volunteer at ParkRun, local charity work, fundraising, involvement in council, government matters / events, sustainability initiatives)
- Sports - state representation or higher in given sport
- Technology - demonstrated skill in website building, coding, game construction or digital communication (e.g. blogging), film making, music recording and mixing
After receipt of the Enrolment Application Form, supporting documents and payment, you will be contacted to organise an interview.
This interview will take approximately 45 minutes and will involve a conversation between the Principal and parents/caregivers and a separate conversation will be had between the Principal and the student.
The student will be given the opportunity to write a creative story during the parent interview time.
Letters of offer
Following your interview, if your application for enrolment is successful you will receive a formal letter of offer from the principal.
If you wish to accept your student's place at the Academy you will need to respond to the letter of offer within the acceptance deadline, and you will be required to make a non-refundable pre-payment of 25% of the annual tuition.
- 18 Oct, 2017 - 1st round offers
- 01 Nov, 2017 - 1st round acceptance deadline
- 02 Nov, 2017 - 2nd round enrolments open
- Tuition - $6000 per year (25% payable upon acceptance of letter of offer)
- Activity levy - $400 per year (TBD) (plus individual ad-hoc incursions and excursions)
There will be no mandatory uniform fees - the Academy operates on a student dress code.
A limited number of scholarships may be available to students who would otherwise not be able to attend The Academy without financial support.
Entry into the School will primarily be determined by the strength of each student’s application. Priority will be given in the following order:
Strength of application (including demonstrated evidence of student’s achievement in artistic / sporting / community / academic / technology leadership), and entrance interview
Where a student has a sibling at the School;
Where the student is the child of a permanent member of staff at the School;
Where a student has previously been enrolled at the School
Date the application is received
Consideration will be given to the educational, social and emotional needs of all students in a year group prior to an offer of enrolment to a new student.
All enrolment offers are made at the discretion of the Principal.
Students will be placed on a waiting list based on the priority conditions listed above.
Download the prospectus
Please return completed application forms and all documentation either by post or email to:
Central West Leadership Academy
PO BOX 1022
Dubbo NSW 2830